1 and 1/2 cups flour (preferably “Andina” or spelt) or all purpose
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder + 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup water
3 tsp. aquafaba (optional)
1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil
2/3 cup coconut sugar ground to a fine powder
small bunch chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tsp. vanilla extract
powdered sugar for dusting baked cupcakes
1. Sift flour, starch, sugar, cocoa and baking powder/soda together.
2. Mix oil and water together. Mix into the dry ingredients.
3. When batter is smooth (without over mixing) stir in vanilla and mint leaves.
4. Fill about 12 paper lined cupcake tins almost to the top.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes in a 180deg. C (370deg F) oven.
6. Test cupcakes with a toothpick. If done remove them to a cooling rack.
7. Dust with powdered sugar if desired when cooled.