INGREDIENTS for 15-18 large cookies
1 1/2 cups (180 gr.) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (50 gr.) sugar
1/4 cup (60 gr.) butter (or other shortening)
2 tsp. baking powder + 1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3-4 tbsp. cream or milk
1 medium peeled apple cut into small cubes (sprinkled with lemon juice)
optional 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time until mixture is light.
3. Whisk or sift the flour with the baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Beat 1/2 of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix in the rest of the flour alternating with the cream to form a stiff dough.
6. Fold in the prepared apple chunks (and nuts if desired).
7. Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a greased (or wax paper lined) cookie sheet.
8. Bake in a 180degC (370degF) preheated oven for 20 minutes until cookies are golden.
9. Remove them to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired when cool.