10 oz. (250 gr.) peeled and chopped apples (about 4 medium)
10 oz. (250 gr.) cubed rhubarb stalks
1/2 cup (80 gr.) sugar
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup (60 gr.) all purpose (or mixed grain) flour
1/2 cup (60 gr.) rolled oats (small flakes)
1/4 cup (50 gr.) coconut sugar (or regular)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup chopped almonds (or other nuts) optional
1/3 cup (80 gr.) melted butter (reserve 1 tbsp. for dotting)
1. Combine apples sprinkled with lemon juice, rhubarb and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Cook fruit mixture over a low flame for 10-15 minutes or until slightly tender. Set aside.
3. Start preparing crumble by combining all the dry crumble ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour the melted butter over and mix together with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
5. Pour the prepared fruit into a buttered 9X9″ (23X23 cm) pyrex glass or ovenproof ceramic pan.
6. Sprinkle handfuls of the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit mixture. Dot with butter over top.
7. Bake at 370deg F (180deg C) for 20-30 minutes until top is golden.
8. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice-cream if desired.