200 gr. semi-whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
40 gr. coconut sugar
4o gr. cold butter
3/4 cup plain yogurt (about 1 and 1/2 small tubs)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 medium apple cut into small cubes
1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Chop up the cold butter and work it into the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
3. Stir in the yogurt until mixture forms a ball. Work in the nuts and apples.
4. Drop 10-12 large spoonfuls (quickly forming a scone in your hands) onto a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake scones in a 190deg C (375deg F) preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
6. Cool on a wire cooling rack. Delicious still warm. Great for breakfast.