1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
grated rind of one organic lemon or orange
1/2 to 1 cup chopped dried apricots (they can be soaked to soften)
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil (or part butter, olive oil)
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine all the dry ingredients up to dried apricots.
2. In another mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar until light. Set aside.apricots provide quite a bit of vimin A
3. Mix together the yogurt, oil, orange juice, vanilla and add to the egg/sugar mixture (mix well).
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients mixing until barely combined. (Don’t beat or over mix)
5. Divide batter among 18-20 paper lined muffin tins. (about 1/4 cup fulls). Sprinkle almonds on top.
6. Bake in a 375deg F (180deg C) preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden (do toothpick test if in doubt).
7. Remove muffins to a cooling rack.