1 cup (120 gr.) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2-3 tbsp butter
1 large egg
1/4 cup yogurt or kefir (or almond milk)
2-3 cups sliced apricots or other fruit
For the topping:
1/3-1/2 cup sugar mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup chopped almonds (or walnuts if using apples)
1. Sift dry ingredients for the dough.
2. Cut in the butter as in pie crust until crumbly.
3. Beat egg and yogurt together.
4, Quickly mix in this mixture into the dry ingredients (don’t over mix).
5. Pat into an 8X8 inch (18cm) square pan, lined with greased wax paper.
6. Gently push in the prepared fruit in even rows.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds and cinnamon sugar mixture.
8. Sprinkle the melted butter on top.
9. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for 25 min. Cool and cut into squares.