1 ready rolled whole wheat puff pastry
2 medium heads of red chicory
2 small scallions or shallots
3 small scamorze cheeses, sliced (or mozzarella)
3 or 4 quartered and steamed (or sautéed) artichokes
1 or 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
1 tbsp. pine nuts
salt and pepper
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
1. Saute’ the chicory (sliced in thick slices) in the olive oil until barely wilted and soft.
2. Mix in the cranberries and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
3. Unroll the pastry and place on a large baking sheet.
4. Distribute the cooked chicory on one side of the pastry.
5. Alternate the artichokes with the sliced scamorza cheese on top of the chicory.
6. Fold the other half of the pastry over the filling. Brush edges with water and pinch sides shut.
7. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired and bake in a preheated 180deg C (350deg F) oven for 30-40 minutes.
8. When golden and done remove and serve warm.
Saute’ the red chicory with the scallion.