INGREDIENTS (for two servings)
1 large or medium eggplant
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
2-4 tbsp. EVO
salt and pepper
fresh basel leaves
one or two mozzarella cheeses
optional: grated parmigiano cheese
1. Wash and dry the eggplant. Cut thin slices from top to stem (don’t cut through).
2. Fan out the cut eggplant on an oiled baking pan. Spritz with olive oil.
3. Salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella and basel over slices.
4. Sprinkle with parmiggiano if desired.
5. Spritz with olive oil.
6. Bake in a 400deg F (190deg C) oven for 25-30 min. or until eggplant is tender.
TIP: For smaller eggplant you can slice in rounds and arrange around pan.