8 small mackerel fish filets
8 large slices of tomato
8 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Oil a large baking pan.
2. Starting at tail end, peel off thin skin membrane of each filet (no scales!).
3. Season inside with salt, pepper and thyme if desired. Roll up and fasten with toothpick.
4. Place a piece of basil leaf on each tomato slice arranged in baking pan.
5. Place each rolled up filet on a tomato slice. Spritz with a little olive oil.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 370deg F (170deg C) oven. (not longer).