4 store bought mini ready to serve pastry shells
for the filling:
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 medium bananas sliced
fresh lemon juice
1 cup whipped cream for topping
1. Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Stir in the milk until mixture is smooth.
3. Cook mixture over low heat until thick, always stirring.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Beat eggs until thick and light.
6. Stir a little of the cream mixture into the egg mixture.
6. Gradually stir the rest of the cream mixture.
7. Cook for a couple of minutes more until thick. Add vanilla. Cool.
Place a few slices of banana (sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent darkening) into each pastry shell. Top with a slice of banana and pipe a little of the whipped cream around the edge. Decorate with sliced and toasted almonds if desired. Chill and serve.