2 cups (300 gr.) ricotta cheese
1 small white onion sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
pinch of grated nutmeg
1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
2 to 3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1 cup cooked and cut up green beans (crisp/tender)
1 round roll of whole wheat puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 375deg F (190deg C)
2. Line a quiche or pie pan with the puff pastry.
3. Saute’ the sliced onion in 1 tbsp. oil until tender but not browned. Set aside.
4. In the meantime beat the ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parsley, parmesan in a large bowl.
5. Mix in the prepared onion.
6. Scatter the green beans in the pastry sliced pan.
7. Add the ricotta mixture and smooth over the beans.
8. Gently turn up the edges of the pastry towards the centre and crimp.
9. Brush (or spray) the quiche (cheese part) with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Bake for 1/2 hr.