1/4 cup red wine vinegar or lemon juice to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper
1 medium apple diced
1/4 cup chopped celery
4 cups fresh salad greens (such as lamb’s lettuce)
1/4 cup crumbled or diced feta cheese (or Italian “Primo Sale”)
2-3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1. In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar and condiments.
2. Arrange a bed of salad in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle a mixture of chopped apples and celery over the salad.
4. Arrange the shredded beets in the center.
5. Place the crumbled or cubed cheese in a ring around the beets.
6. Sprinkle over with chopped walnuts (decorate with a few whole walnuts).
7. Sprinkle with the vinegar/oil mixture.
8. Toss the salad only upon serving.