For bottom crust
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup coconut sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
For the cheesecake filling
10 oz. (300 gr.) fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
grated lemon rind (optional)
1 tsp. gelatin powder (or equivalent agar agar)
For the cherry filling
1/2 lb. (200 gr.) fresh pitted cherries
2 tbsp. sugar or agave syrup
1/2 tsp. guar powder for thickening (optional)
1. For the bottom crust, beat the eggs together with the sugar and salt until light.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients including walnut meal.
3. Fold in the prepared dry ingredients into the egg/sugar mixture.
4. Pour the batter into a wax paper lined 8 X 8 inch (20 X 20 cm) pan.
5. Bake in a 350 deg F (180 deg C) preheated oven for 20 minutes or until center springs back.
6. Cool for 10 minutes, then peel off wax paper and continue cooling on a wire rack.
7. Cook the cherries in 3 tbsp. water and the sugar for 5 minutes. Mix in the guar powder.
8. Cool and set aside.
For the cheesecake top layer:
1. Beat the ricotta with the yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon rind.
2. Fold in the whipped cream.
3. Melt the gelatine or agar agar according to package directions.
4. Fold the cooled gelatine into the prepared ricotta mixture.
1. Line the pan used for the crust with aluminum foil with edges overhanging.
2. Reinsert the cooled crust.
3. Spread the cherry filling over (reserving a few cherries for top).
4. Spread the cheesecake filling over the top and decorate with the reserved cherries.
5. Chill in the fridge for several hours. Cut into squares and serve.