200 gr. blueberries
200 gr. black grapes (cut in half if large)
280 gr. all purpose flour (I used “Luce” a mixed grain flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
100 gr. sugar
optional: grated rind of one organic lemon for the dough
100 gr. soft butter
50 gr. coconut oil
1 egg plus one yolk
1 tbsp. coconut sugar mixed with 1 tbsp. corn starch
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Beat the butter, coconut oil and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and yolk until the mixture is light.
3. Gradually incorporate the flour sifted with the baking powder without over mixing.
4. Press mixture together and divide it into two disks. Chill for half an hr. in the fridge.
5. In the meantime mix the fruit with the sugar corn starch mixture. Set aside.
6. Roll our one disk of dough and fit it into a pie pan*. Fill with the fruit mixture.
7. Roll out the other disk and place it on top. Crimp edges together.
8. Bake the crostata for 30-35 min. in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven.
9. Cool and serve dusted with powdered sugar if desired (and a few fresh blueberries).
*Note: Dough will be very delicate – you might have to press and piece it together in the pan. It will blend together in the baking.