for the crust:
1 cup (100 gr.) buckwheat flour
1 cup (100 gr.) all purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. cold butter (I used half coconut oil)
1/3 cup ice-cold water
for the filling:
4-5 unpeeled and pitted white or yellow peaches
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. butter (for dotting top)
1 tsp. sugar (for sprinkling ) if desired
for sprinkling on bottom of crust:
2 tbsp. almond meal + 2 tbsp. crushed amaretto cookies
1. Whisk the flours together with the powdered sugar and salt.
2. Work in the chunks of butter into the flour mixture to form a crumbly texture.
3. Sprinkle on the cold water gradually while quickly stirring with a fork to form a ball.
4. Press the dough together and knead it 4 or 5 times. Cover with wrap and chill 20 min.
5. In the meantime slice the peaches and sprinkle them with the lemon juice.
6. Fold in the blueberries and carefully mix in the maple syrup.
7. Sprinkle the cornstarch over and gently incorporate it into the fruit until dissolved.
8. Roll out the dough on parchment paper to a 30 inch (12 cm.) circle. Trim the edges.
9. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
Transfer the crust together with the parchment paper onto a pizza pan or other large cookie sheet. Trim wax paper if necessary. Sprinkle the almond flour/cookie mixture evenly over leaving a margin of couple of inches. Distribute the fruit filling evenly on top always leaving a margin of a couple of inches. Fold and flute (or pinch) the edges of the crust all around. Dot the top with butter and sprinkle with a little sugar if desired. Bake in a preheated 190deg. C (375deg F) oven for about 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
Assembled tart ready for the oven