1 store bought roll of puff pastry (whole wheat if possible)
4-5 large plums thinly sliced
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
3 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1/4 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
8 crushed amaretto cookies
1 tbsp. butter for dotting
1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting baked and cooled strudel
1. Unroll puff pastry and place on a cookies sheet along with wax paper. Set aside.
2. Mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
3. Combine the sliced plums, lemon juice and blueberries and mix in the sugar mixture.
4. Mix in the pistachios if using.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 of puff pastry dough with the crushed amaretto cookies.
6. Place the fruit mixture on top of the crushed cookies. Dot with pieces of butter.
7. Dampen edge of the pastry with a little water and fold over the fruit side. Pinch edges shut.
8. Crimp the edge and make a few slits over the top with a sharp knife.
9. Bake in a hot 400deg F (190deg C) oven until golden. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.*
*If pastry browns too quickly turn down the heat a few degrees.
TIP Delicious served with freshly whipped cream.