250 gr. red currants (stems removed)
250 gr. fresh blueberries
2 tbsp. coconut sugar (or brown)
70 gr. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. almond or coconut flour
50 gr. cold butter in small pieces
5-6 crumbled wholewheat or plain cookies (for bottom crust)
1. Grease a small 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) pan (line with parchment paper if you wish).
2. Sprinkle the crushed cookies evenly over the bottom.
3. Combine the berries and cover the crushed cookies. Sprinkle with sugar.
4. For the crumble combine the flours with the sugar and quickly rub in the cold butter to form a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the crumble over the berries.
5. Bake in a preheated 180deg C (270deg F) oven for about 35 minutes until golden and the filling is bubbling.
Tip: if the crumble is too dry you could add a few dollops of sour cream or sprinkle a little milk into the mixture. If you desire you can also omit the sugar in the fruit for a tarter flavor.