2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
1/2 cup powdered light brown sugar*
1/2 cup mild olive oil (or a mix of oil and soft butter)
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
zest of one organic lemon
2 cups fresh blueberries
*Note: You can pulverize your brown sugar into powdered in your food processor.
1. Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and powdered sugar until fluffy.
3. Gently beat in the oil/butter.
4. Mix in the flour and almond flour until barely combined also adding the yogurt, lemon juice and zest.
5. Line a cake pan with buttered wax paper.
6. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar on the bottom and distribute over the blueberries.
7. Pour the cake batter evenly over the berries.
8. Bake the cake for 30-40 min. at 370deg F (180deg C) depending on size of pan. Test doneness with a toothpick.
9. Remove pan and cool cake for 10 minutes on a cake rack, then flip it over onto a serving plate and carefully peel off the wax paper. Continue cooling until tepid or cold. Serve with whipped cream if desired.