INGREDIENTS (4 small ramekins or one larger mould)
200 gr. milk
2 beaten eggs
75 gr sugar (coconut sugar very good)
25 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
25 gr amaretti cookies crushed (some whole for decorating)
optional: 1 tbsp. rum or espresso coffee
1. Preheat oven to 170deg C (350deg F).
2. Place a loaf or other mould(s) into a larger pan with deep sides and place in oven.
3. In the meantime prepare the caramel: heat 35 gr of the sugar with 2 tsp of water in a small pan until the mixture thickens and turns golden.
4. Remove your mould(s) from the oven and swirl the caramel on the bottom and sides to coat the pan well.
5. For the custard: Whisk together the sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.
6. Stir in the milk and beaten eggs (and flavorings). Beat well until smooth, not frothy.
7. Pour the mixture into the heated mould and place it into the larger pan which should be filled with hot water coming up to about 2/3 of the edge of the mould.
8. Bake the Bonet in the preheated oven for 35-45 min. or until a knife placed into the custard comes out clean. Remove and let the Bonet cool still in the pan with the water.
9. Continue cooling in the fridge for 2 hrs. Run a knife around the edge to unmould. Decorate top with whole amaretti.
Bonet ramekins hot out of the oven