1 cup flour (whole wheat preferable)
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4-1/3 cup coconut (or brown) sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/3 cup butter (half coconut oil good)
1 lightly beaten egg
1/3 cup almond (or other) milk
optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and/or chocolate pieces
1. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
2. Process oatmeal and flax seeds to a fine consistency in a food processor.
3. Combine the flour and oatmeal mixture together. Mix in the sugar.
4. Incorporate chunks of the butter into the flour/oatmeal mixture to form a crumbly mixture.
5. Mix in the milk with a fork until the dough comes together in a ball.
6. On a floured surface knead the dough a few times.
7. Form small walnut sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
8. Press in pieces of chocolate if desired.
9. Bake in a 170deg C (350deg F) preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack.