100 gr. wholewheat flour
1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
100 gr. butter (I used half coconut oil)
120 gr. brown sugar (I ground up mine to a fine powder)
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1. Beat the sugar and butter.
2. Beat in the egg until fluffy.
3. Mix in the hazelnuts and flours (sifted with baking powder, salt, cinnamon)
4. Press into a thick disk, wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 1/2 hr.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with coarse light brown sugar if desired and go over once with the rolling pin to press it in. Cut out with a
doughnut cutter or use any shape you wish. The “holes” can be made into buttons by
pricking button holes with a toothpick.
6. Place cookies on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
7. Bake about 15 – 20 minutes until lightly browned.