12 ready made mini cannoli (or 6 normal size)
1 cup fresh ricotta (1/4 Robiola cream cheese if desired)
1/4 cup + 2tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup fresh whipping cream
2 tbsp. chocolate chips/ 2 tbsp. chopped pistachios, a few raspberries
1. Beat the ricotta together with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Mix 1/3 mixture with chocolate chips. Leave the rest plain.
3. Fill each cannolo with the filling of your choice.
4. Dip the ends of a few into the chopped pistachios and/or stuff each end with a raspberry.*
5. You can divide the mixtures into pastry bags and pipe each mixture into the cannoli – or use a teaspoon.
*For raspberry flavored filling: Rub a few raspberries through a fine sieve and add this liquid to the ricotta.