(continued) Why buy them when you can make them easily with your own pure ingredients and have an even better tasting cupcake? They are so simple to make and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. No cupcake tins? You can pour the batter into a cake pan and bake your cake a few minutes longer.
1 1/2 cups (167 gr.) finely grated fresh carrots
3/4 cups (130 gr.) flour
3/4 cups (130 gr.) (powdered sugar)
3/4 cup (67 gr.) almond flour
1/4 cup (70 gr.) orange juice and grated rind
50 gr. olive oil, butter or a mix of the two
pinch of salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
optional: 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, almond flakes, powdered sugar
1. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the oil/soft butter.
3. Mix in the almond flour.
4. Mix in the carrots.
5. Fold in the flour (sifted together with the baking powder/soda and salt) and juice.
6. Mix in the vinegar if desired (for better rising)
7. Fill lined cupcake tins almost to the top with the batter. Sprinkle with almonds.
8. Bake in a preheated 370deg F (180deg C) oven for 15-20 minutes.
9. Leave cupcakes in the baking tins for 10 minutes before removing.