1/2 pie crust recipe (store-bought or follow recipe at the bottom)
1 medium finely sliced onion or scallion
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 medium pears cut in half and deseeded
2-3 tbsp mild liquid honey
2-3 large eggs
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup cream (soya cream ok, too)
1/2 heaping cup of Stilton or blue cheese, crumbled (or cheese of your choice)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375deg F (180deg C).
2. Roll out pie crust to fit a 25 inch (10cm) pie pan. Prick the bottom with a fork.
3. Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is partially set. Remove and set aside.
4. Turn oven down to 350F (170C.).
5. In the meantime sauté the onion in the oil until soft.
6. Toss the quartered pears in the honey to coat.
7. In a small bowl whisk the cream, yogurt, eggs and seasoning until well blended.
8. In a spoke like fashion set the pears in the middle of the pie crust. Sprinkle the crumbled cheese and onion over all. Pour over the egg and cream mixture.
9. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until set (insert knife in middle to check). Let cool slightly before serving.
QUICHE CRUST: Prepare like a pie crust using 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour, 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 tsp salt and slightly less than 1/4 cup ice water.