1/2 cup milk
1/2-3/4 cups coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
optional: chopped walnuts or pecans
for icing: 1/2 small bar of dark chocolate broken up into small pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 350deg F (170deg C). Line a small 8″ square pan with greased parchment paper.
2. Beat sugar, egg and oil until fluffy. Mix in the milk.
3. Mix in sifted dry ingredients into the above. Mix well.
4. Fold in the nuts if desired.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cake is firm in the center. (Don’t over-bake as it will dry out).
6. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan. Later lift out with parchment paper to a cooling rack.
7. While cake is still hot sprinkle the chocolate over and spread out with a spatula as it melts.