1 cup sugar (part honey or brown sugar can be used)
1 square (1 oz.) unsweetened melted chocolate or:
(3 tbsp. cocoa powder + 1 tbsp. butter)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (coconut oil is good)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (1/2 cup if not using melted chocolate)
1 1/4 cup cooked and shredded beets (available already cooked and vacuum-packed
at the supermarket) or raw beets, carrots, zucchini or a combination.
1. Heat oven to 350 deg.F or 170 deg.C. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Beat in chocolate, oil, vanilla and baking
3. Stir in flour sifted with cocoa and then shredded beets or other vegetables.
4. Spoon into cups.
5. Bake 30 min. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool and dust with powdered sugar. (about 150 cal. per cupcake)