2 large egg whites at room temperature
a pinch of salt
a pinch of cream of tartar (optional)
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup (about 100 gr.) powdered sugar (vanilla flavoured)
1/2 tsp lemon juice (or white vinegar)
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 oz. (30 gr.) dark (85%) chocolate finely chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cups whipping cream whipped together with 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup blueberries + 1/2 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 250deg F (120 -130 deg C)
2. On a large piece of parchment paper draw one 9 inch (22 cm) or 2 – 5 1/2 inch (14 cm) circles with a pencil. Flip over to other side. (this will serve as a guide where to place the pavlova mixture)
3. Now mix the egg white, salt and cream of tartar and beat with mixer until soft peaks start to form.
4. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until mixture is thick and glossy but not too stiff.
5. Fold in the lemon juice by hand with 3 to 4 swift strokes.
6. Sift the cocoa over the mixture and carefully fold in trying not to over mix.
7. Gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
8. Place the mixture in the middle of each parchment circle and spread out to edge.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. Turn off the temperature and leave in the oven for an hour longer with the oven door slightly ajar.
10. When cold place the meringue on a flat plate and cover with the sweetened whipped cream.
11. Cover with the berries and serve.