INGREDIENTS (4 medium mini pavlovas)
2 large egg whites at room temperature
a pinch of salt
a pinch of cream of tartar (optional)
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup (about 100 gr.) powdered sugar (vanilla flavoured)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 oz. (30 gr.) dark (85%) chocolate finely chopped
3/4 cups whipping cream whipped together with 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 250deg F (120 -130 deg C)
2. On a large piece of parchment paper draw four 4 inch (10 cm) circles with a pencil. Flip over to other side. (this will serve as a guide where to place the pavlova mixture)
3. Now mix the egg white, salt and cream of tartar and beat with mixer until soft peaks start to form.
4. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until mixture is thick and glossy.
5. Fold in the lemon juice by hand with 3 to 4 swift strokes.
6. Sift the cocoa over the mixture and carefully fold in trying not to over mix.
7. Gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
8. Place the mixture in the middle of each parchment circle and spread out to edge leaving a small indentation.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. Without opening the oven door turn off the heat. Leave meringue shells in the oven for one more hour. Remove and let cool on a rack. Gently remove them with a spatula. Store tightly covered until ready to use.
10. When cold place the meringues on individual serving plates and cover with the sweetened whipped cream.
11. Cover with the berries and serve.