1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour sifted together with:
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten together with:
1 cup sugar + 1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil (or half oil/butter combination)
1 cup almond milk (or other milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped (after measuring whole leaves)
1. Beat eggs with sugar and honey until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the oil, vanilla and half of the almond milk.
3. Stir in the sifted flour mixture in thirds alternating with the rest of the milk.
4. Beat together briefly while adding the chopped mint leaves.
5. Pour into a buttered and floured wax paper lined loaf pan. (or a pan/s of your choice)
6. Bake in a preheated 180deg C (375deg F) oven for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then turn out and peel off wax paper.
8. Cool completely and serve plain, with whipped cream, powdered sugar or berries.
TIP: I usually add 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar to any recipe that contains flour + baking powder and/or baking soda. I find that this boosts the rising power and creates a better texture although this is optional.