1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp ginger
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter (part coconut oil)
1/2 cup sugar
grated zest of a lemon
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients until combined.
2. Beat the fats with the sugar and rind until fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Slowly blend in the dry ingredients and form into two flat patties.
5. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 deg.F (170 deg. C) and roll out each round to 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Cut out desired shapes, decorate and bake about 15 min. on waxed paper.
8. Cool on a wire rack and store in a tightly covered tin.