3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup fresh or canned (steamed) corn kernels
1. Whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Beat together the wet ingredients.
3. Combine the two mixtures and stir until barely incorporated.
4. Fold in the corn kernels.
5. Fill 12 well greased muffin tins (or lined with cupcake papers) about 3/4 full.
6. Bake in a 200deg C (400deg F) preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden.
7. Remove from tins and cool on a cooling rack.