1/2 cup of unsalted butter (part coconut oil if you want)
1 cup packed, light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa sifted together with the flour
1/2 cup almond flour (ok all-purpose flour too)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, beaten until light
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
up to 1/2 cup of yogurt or milk if mixture is too thick
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
(1/2 cup mini chocolate chips if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (170C). Line with buttered wax paper a 9X13 inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter and mix in the brown sugar. Stir well and cool.
3. Sift flour, cocoa, leavenings and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix together the melted butter/sugar mixture with the beaten eggs and vanilla.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the above in 2 or 3 additions.
6. Mix in the yogurt or milk as needed.
7. Fold in the walnuts (and chocolate chips if used).
8. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
9. Let cool completely. Cut into bars.