2 cups (200 gr.) very fine cornmeal
1 cup + 2 tbsp. (100 gr.) all purpose flour
1/3 cup (30 gr.) almond meal (flour)
1/2 packet baking powder (about 1 1/2 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2-3 tbsp. dried elderberry flowers
1/2 cup (60 gr.) coconut or brown sugar
1/4 cup (40 gr.) powdered sugar
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. (90 gr.) butter (1/2 coconut oil good)
1/4 cup (75 ml) milk or cream
1. Whisk together dry ingredients up to flowers. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg until light.
4. Mix in the flour mixture alternating with the milk/cream.
5. Gather dough into a ball. Cut into two pieces.
6. Form each piece into a disk. Roll out to about 1/8th inch thickness.
7. Press out cookies with a round cutter. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated 180deg C (370deg F) oven for about 10-12 minutes until firm.
9. Remove to a cooling rack. Store in a tightly covered container up to a week.