4 cups vegetable broth (also bouillon cube or miso ok)
4 medium beets peeled and chopped
4 medium topinambur peeled and chopped
1 large carrot
1 large leek
a wedge of red cabbage
a small piece of ginger
optional: turmeric, pepper, dill, chives, sour cream
1. Bring the broth to a boil.
2. Add the chopped vegetables except ginger and optional ingredients.
3. Simmer for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Blend together with a hand held blender (or in a blender).
5. Serve hot with optional ingredients if desired.