For 6 Latkes:
1 cup shredded fresh pumpkin (about 170 gr.)
1 beaten egg
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder (curcuma) or a pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp. salt and a dash of pepper
olive oil for frying
1. Beat the egg together with all the ingredients except the pumpkin.
2. When ingredients are blended, fold in the shredded pumpkin.
3. Fry heaping spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil until golden (first flatten with a spatula).
4. Flip to the other side and finish frying.
5. Serve hot with your choice of cheese if desired. Applesauce is good too.
TIP: Try frying the latkes together with fresh sage leaves for a delicious flavor. You can use other vegetables too such as grated fresh beets or zucchini.