1 and 1/2 cups fresh currants (or other berries)
2 cups water
1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
1/3 cup cream of wheat (semolina)
1. Bring the berries, honey and water to a boil.
2. Continue boiling until berries are soft (about 3-5 minutes).
3. Strain and force mixture through a sieve.
4. Return berry mixture to the burner and bring to a gentle boil.
5. Slowly pour semolina over liquid while constantly stirring.
6. When mixture is slightly thickened continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from flame and pour into a bowl. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
8. Now beat the mixture with a mixer on high until fluffy and light.
9. Serve warm or cold. Delicious with cold milk poured over.