INGREDIENTS (for 12-15 cupcakes)
1 1/3 cups (150 gr.) Andina* or unbleached all purpose flour
2/3 cups (100 gr.) chickpea flour
3/4 cups (60 gr.) almond meal
1/4 cup (40 gr.) cocoa powder
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder + 1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup (110 gr.) coconut sugar
1/2 cup (90 gr.) vegetable oil (coconut or olive or combination)
2 cups (300 ml) almond milk
3 tbsp. aquafaba
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 2 tbsp. chia seeds
*Andina flour is a mix of flours including spelt and quinoa
1. Whisk together dry ingredients up to sugar.
2. Sift them together. Set aside.
3. Now combine and beat together the rest of the (wet) ingredients.
4. Mix in the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Beat until smooth.
5. Fold in any optional ingredients if using.
6. Fill paper liners in cupcake pan almost to the top.
7. Bake in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Cool 5 minutes then remove cupcakes to a cooling rack.
9. Serve plain or dusted with powdered sugar if desired (or top with your favorite frosting).
TIP: here’s a good and easy vegan frosting – place 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips together with 2-3 tbsp. soya cream over hot water to melt while mixing. When frosting is smooth, remove from heat and frost your cupcakes.