100 gr.(3 1/2 oz.) very dark chocolate (85-99%)
50 gr. (1/4 cup) butter – half coconut oil good
1 tsp. vanilla extract
30 gr. (1/3 cup) finely ground almonds
1 1/2 tsp. flour (or cornstarch for gluten free)
2 eggs, separated
30 gr. (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Decoration: 1 cup of fresh raspberries or strawberries
1. Melt the chopped chocolate and butter together over hot water.
2. Mix in the vanilla and blend well.
3. Beat the separated egg whites into soft peaks. Set aside.
4. Beat the yolks until light while beating in the powdered sugar.
5. Mix in the chocolate mixture gently until smooth.
6. Mix in the ground almonds and flour until well blended.
7. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
8. Grease 3 medium or 4 small tartlet pans as shown below. Dust with sifted cocoa.
9. Fill the pans with the batter and bake in a preheated 375degF (180degC) oven for 10-12 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and after a few seconds turn out the tarts onto serving dishes.
11. Cool and decorate with desired fruits.
TIP: To make them even more chocolaty you could melt a small bar (125 gr.) of dark chocolate with 2-3 tbsp. of fresh cream and fill the tartlets with this ganache before topping with the berries.
Strawberry rose decoration