2 cups (230 gr.) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (120 gr.) of soft butter or vegan margarine
1 cup (120 gr.) powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup (25 gr.) almond flour
2-3 tbsp. almond milk
Filling: Mango jam
Decoration: chocolate chips
1. Beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the flour and almond flour alternating with the almond milk to form a soft dough.
4. Form a flattened ball wrapping it in some cling film. Chill in fridge for a few minutes.
5. In the meantime cover cookie sheet/s with wax paper for easier removal.
6. When firmed up but not hard, roll out the the dough and cut into various egg shapes.
7. With a small round cutter cut out an “egg yolk” circle in the middle of half the egg shapes.
8. Reroll scraps to form other eggs or shapes. Decorate with chocolate chips if desired. Place on cookie sheets.
9. Chill cookies in the fridge about half an hour to firm up.
BAKE: in a preheated 350F (170C) oven for 8-10 minutes. When done remove the cookies to a cooling rack. When cooled dust the egg shapes with holes with powdered sugar. Put them together with the plain egg shapes with mango jam in the middle. Store the cookies in a tightly covered container.