They also stay fresh for up to three days and also freeze very well.
INGREDIENTS (about 15 medium rolls)
200 gr. all purpose flour
200 gr. whole wheat flour
1 cup warm water or almond milk
1/3 cup olive oil
2-3 tbsp. honey
2 tablespoons granular yeast
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp soft butter
1. In a large bowl (or your mixer bowl) combine water, honey, oil and yeast.
2. Let yeast mixture sit until bubbly. (about 10 min.).
3. Stir in beaten egg, soft butter and salt.
4. With mixer running add flour 1 cup at a time until you have a soft dough.
5. Continue kneading with dough hook for 5 minutes until dough isn’t sticky or by hand for 10 minutes.
6. Let rise covered for about an hour until almost doubled.
7. Punch dough down and divide into 15 balls.
8. Place them in a 9×12 inch pan covered with wax paper and let rise
for about 30 minutes.
9. Brush with a beaten egg (cover with seeds if desired) and bake in a 190deg C (375deg F) oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden.*
*I like to place them on the bottom of the oven towards the end of baking time to ensure a crisper bottom cust.