1 – 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. turmeric (optional)
pinch of salt
1 egg or 3 tbsp. aqua faba (chickpea liquid)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup melted butter (or part or all coconut oil)
(unsalted pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on top)
1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Blend together the egg and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture just until barely combined.
4. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
5. Bake in a 375 deg.F (180 deg.C) preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. When done (test with a toothpick) turn them out to a cooling rack.
7. Serve warm or cold.