3-4 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced (with peels if organic)
1 roll puff paste (with butter best)
a squeeze of lemon juice
1-3 tbsp. sugar or to taste
2 tbsp. cranberries or raisins if desired
a dash of cinnamon
optional: a handful of walnuts or almonds
a pat of butter for greasing pan
1. Grease a round or square glass pan with butter.
2. Distribute the sliced apples sprinkled with lemon juice in the pan.
3. Sprinkle with sugar and the cranberries and/or other optional ingredients.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Top with the roll of puff paste, tucking under the edges.
5. Bake in a preheated 190deg.C (375deg.F) oven until golden and apple filling is bubbling (about 30 min.).
6. Remove pan from oven and lest rest no longer than 5 minutes. Run the tip of a knife all along the edge.
7. Quickly turn upside down over a serving plate. Serve warm or cold.
TIP: Other types of fruit can be used here – peaches, pears, blueberries, raspberries or a combination.