1 1/2 cups (180 gr.) flour
3 tbsp. sugar (up to 1/4 cup)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. cold butter chopped
1/2 cup kefir or buttermilk
grated rind of organic lemon
1/2 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 375deg F (180deg C)
1. Sift flour with dry ingredients.
2. Cut in the butter until mixture turnes crumbly.
3. Mix the lemon zest into the buttermilk or kefir.
4. Mix in the buttermilk quickly until dough forms a ball. (don’t over mix).
5. Cut the dough in half. Form two 6 inch (15 cm) disks.
6. Distribute the blueberries evenly over one of the disks.
7. Press berries lightly, top with other disk, pressing lightly. Pinch edges shut.
8. Cut dough like a pie into 8 wedges. Separate the wedges.
9 Place each wedge on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-24 minutes.