2 cups (230 gr.) multigrain or wholewheat flour
1 tsp. (4 gr.) baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. soft butter
1/2 cup (120 ml) cold white wine
7 oz. (200 gr.) thinly sliced grilled eggplant
5 oz. (150 gr.) halved cherry tomatoes
4-5 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
salt and pepper
fresh thyme or oregano
optional mozzarella or burrata
1. To prepare crust sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
2. Stir in the oil and butter quickly with a wire whisk until completely combined.
3. Gradually stir in the cold wine with a fork until dough comes together into a ball. Cover and set aside.
4. Brush sliced eggplant with oil and grill in a non stick pan on both sides until tender (or on a grill).
5. Combine halved tomatoes with 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Set aside.
6. Roll out the crust on a piece of waxed paper to 26 inch (10 cm) disk. Transfer together with the wax paper onto a pie plate. Trim excess paper.
7. Sprinkle bottom of crust with the grated cheese. Cover evenly with the grilled eggplant. Top with tomatoes.
8. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven 35-40 min.
9. If desired top with pieces of cheese while hot. Decorate with basil.