1 tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt plus 1/4 cup almond milk (or use all yogurt)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or plain vinegar)
coconut oil for frying (or oil of your choice)
1. Beat together the egg and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the yogurt and almond milk.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the yogurt egg mixture.
5. Mix in the vinegar and blend well. (mixture shouldn’t be of a pouring but rather that of a dropping consistency. If too thick add a bit of almond milk)
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls on a lightly greased frying pan.
7. Fry about 2-3 minutes or until golden. Then flip to the other side to finish browning.
8. If using blueberries, drop 3 or four on each pancake while the first side is frying. Cover the berries with a little extra batter and proceed as usual.
9. Serve hot with maple syrup, jam, or sour cream if desired.
Note: The coconut oil here really makes a difference in a lighter and better textured pancake. Coconut oil has a very high smoking point so there is little risk of a scorched taste. Try adding a shredded pear or apple to the batter – delicious and healthy!