1 cup oatmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 lightly beaten egg
1 small mashed banana (or 1/2 large one)
1 cup almond milk (or other milk)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
3 tbsp coconut oil (or other vegetable oil)
10-15 fresh figs (outer skin peeled off) halved.
2 tbsp. grapefruit or orange juice mixed with 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Beat together the egg, mashed banana, milk, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
4. Pour into a greased pan.
5. Top with the halved figs.
6. Drizzle figs with the juice/maple syrup mixture and sprinkle over with the chopped walnuts.
7. Bake in a 375deg F (180deg C) oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
8. Cool and cut into bars.