INGREDIENTS(about 12 cupcakes)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
pinch of salt
spices: 1/4 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 medium mashed bananas (about 3/4-1 cup mashed)
1/4 cup coconut oil1
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh pineapple (processed in food processor to a smooth consistency)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Sift together all dry ingredients up to spices. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs until foamy, then beat in honey and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the coconut oil and vanilla while continuing to beat.
4. Mix in the mashed bananas and pineapple.
5. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the above wet mixture.
6. Fold in the chopped nuts.
7. Fill paper lined cupcake tins almost to the top with the batter.
8. Bake at 180deg C (370deg F) for about 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden and firm to the touch.
9. Cool and frost with the following frosting if desired.
FROSTING: Beat 1/4 cup cream cheese (I used Robiola) together with 2 tbsp soft butter
until fluffy. Beat in a cup of powdered sugar and about a tsp of the juice from the pineapple for a desired consistency. Spread or pipe this mixture over the cupcakes. Decorate with a little wedge of fresh pineapple and a sprig of mint. Sprinkle a bit of chopped nuts over the top.