INGREDIENTS (2-3 portions)
1 steamed or boiled chicken breast (ok roasted chicken)
A medium bag of mixed salad greens
2 medium thinly sliced fresh carrots
2-3 stalks thinly sliced fresh celery
one small chunk of parmigiano cheese (shaved or very thinly sliced)
2-3 tbsp. good extra virgin olive oil, vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
optional: edible flowers to decorate
1. Line a large salad bowl with the mixed greens.
2. Add celery and sliced carrots.
3. Cover with shredded or thinly sliced warm chicken breast.
4. Top with the parmigiano cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Swirl the olive oil over. Sprinkle with vinegar.
6. Toss together when ready to serve.
TIP: If you like, a handful of dried cranberries go well with this salad.
NOTE: This was reputed to be one of Pope Saint John Paul’s II favourite recipes as recounted by the Vatican chef Sergio Dussin, hence the name “glorified” (my addition) Original name – “Sfilacci di Pollo”