80 gr. butter (or part coconut oil)
90 gr. finely ground coconut sugar (or regular)
150 gr. almond flour
3 eggs separated
4-5 large purple plums
a handful of sliced almonds for the topping
powdered sugar for dusting if desired
1. Wash the plums and slice each one into 8 pieces.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff (adding a pinch of salt or cream of tartar). Set aside.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy adding the beaten egg yolks.
4. Mix in the almond flour into the above mixture.
5. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
6. Fill 12-14 paper lined muffin tins with the prepared batter almost to the top.
7. Press 3 plum slices into each filled cupcake. Sprinkle a bit of sliced almonds on top.
7. Bake in a 180deg C preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden.
8. When cooled dust the tops with powdered sugar.