INGREDIENTS for 20-25 cookies
2 cups (230 gr.) all-purpose flour
1 cup (115 gr.) finely ground cornmeal (fioretto)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup (130 gr.) powdered sugar
1 cup (230 gr.) soft butter
grated rind of one lemon
pinch of salt
1. Beat the butter, powdered sugar, salt and grated lemon rind until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg until well blended.
3. Sift together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder and gradually mix into the above mixture.
4. Pack dough into the cookie press and press cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Chill cookies in the refrigerator for half an hr. before baking. (helps to keep their shape)
6. Bake the cookies in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
7. Remove from the pan and cool. Decorate if desired. Store in a tightly covered container (up to 10 days).